Yesterday my blog friend Chandeen from "Designed by Chance" tagged me in a cute little play along game! I enjoyed reading all about her...so looks like it is my turn!
First I gotta share share something about Chandeen...she was always mentioning "Pinterest" in her blog posts. I finally had to google the word Pinterest and find out what she was talking about. It was love at first sight! Chandeen is also very crafty and shares lots of her created items in her blog posts. Be sure and visit her blog if you haven't done that yet!
Here were the rules....
1.Post a photo and eleven things about yourself in a blog post.
2.Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked.
3.Create eleven new questions for the people you tag.
4.Contact them and let them know they have been tagged.
So, here goes!
This is a picture of my family in 2010. We have since added a beautiful grandson that just celebrated his first birthday this past week. In this picture I am the "Grandma" along with Grandpa,our three children, their spouses, and four grandchildren.
Eleven Random Things About Myself......
1. I am 54 years old....I used to think that was old, really old, but not any more!!
2. I will celebrate my 37th wedding anniversary this summer.
3. I love to cook and sew.
4. I love softer colors...pink, lavender, baby blue, mint green.
5. My husband and I are both pretty quiet people.
6. I was born in Medina County, Ohio.
7. I am a born again Christian.
8. I have been a Sunday School teacher for 25 years.
9. I have a small sewing business in my home.
10. I LOVE fabric.
11. The greatest joys in my live are my husband, children, and grandchildren. They mean the world to me.
Questions From My Tagger...Chandeen
1. What is your favorite city to visit and why?
I am not a traveller so I can't really think of any city to list! I love being at home.
2. Do you blog about craft fails?
No, not usually. I have told of a few cooking blunders I have made though.
3. What do you use to clean you bathtub?
I sometimes fill the tub half full and then add a couple cups of bleach. Let it set over night. I also like Scrubbing Bubbles and also Mr Clean eraser does a great job.
4. Tell me something about your childhood.
My childhood playhouse was a funeral hearse!!! I am serious! My dad owned a junkyard so my sister and I had a velvet lined funeral hearse to use as a playhouse.
5. What is your favorite thing you have made?
That one is just too hard!! I am a seamstress that loves to create. A good portion of the things I create are done so without a pattern. I love to cook and bake. I just love to create!
6. Tell me about the best day of your life.
My wedding day was a great day, as were the births of my children and grandchildren. I enjoyed my children's graduation days, and their wedding days. I quess I don't have one certin day, just a lot of days that make me smile to think back on them.
7. What is your favorite color right now?
8. How often do you clean your house? (be truthful)
I generally clean everyday. My house is not spotless by any means. I hate clutter. I love doing laundry! LOL
9. Are you an organized person? Give an example.
I think I would have to say yes. I like to be clutter free and organized. All clothes have to be hung in the same direction. Picures have to hang correctly. Closet doors need to be closed.
10. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, (go with me on this one) what would you do today?
Let my family and friends and other people I have met along the way know that they have touched my life.
11. Do you think a facebook page for your blog is a good idea or just more work?
It's so easy to spend way too much time, so no, I probably don't think a FaceBook page for my blog would be a good idea! LOL
Whew, I am done! Now I get to pick some blog friends to be "IT"!
1. Ruby Jean
2. Little Emma English Home
3. The Better Baker
4. All In My Cottage
5. Rose Chintz Cottage
6. The Gazebo House
Here are my questions for the six ladies above!
1. Where were you born?
2. Do you prefer bold or soft colors?
3. What are your very favorite things to create?
4. What was your favorite subject in school?
5. What is your all time favorite meal?
6. Do you have children/ grandchildren?
7. Do you use Pinterest.com?
8. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
9. How did you meet your spouse (or special someone)?
10.Do you have a favorite "comfort" food?
11. What are a few of your special joys in life?