Sunday, January 24, 2010

Straight from The Heart

I've just celebrated another birthday. I celebrated with my family and it was a very nice birthday. I received several nice birthday gifts. I wanted to share with you the gift from my sweet six year old granddaughter, Vanessa. I could see the excitment in her eyes even before she handed me the pink birthday bag. She was just beaming with delight!

Vanessa's mommy told me that she picked out the gifts herself, I could plainly see she was hoping I would love the gifts that she picked for me.

Inside the gift bag this is what I found:

A tin can bank that mommy had bought at a garage sale. It is dated 1988.

A catalog about horses. From this catalog you could order all kinds of toys such as farm animals and barns etc!

Next I found a string of plastic beads that Vanessa had made herself. A brand new pencil that had never even been sharpened yet. Also a used ink pen that was just missing the lid but was a real cool zebra print.

Also, one of the sweetest things was this.....

Vanessa had picked out several cards and asked her mommy to help her choose which one she should give me. Mommy said one was a get well card, one was a baby card......

How cute is that? In Vanessa's own handwriting she wrote that she hoped I got good cards. I even got some stickers!! Yes, Vanessa, I got good cards, and yours was one of the best!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A disaster hit today!

I had an unfortunate disaster in my kitchen today. I put a pound of lovely white chocolate on the stove to melt. The bad thing was I forgot all about it and began to do some other chores. I changed the bed clothes on one bed, tidy the room up and did a few other things. All of a sudden I smelled something burning and noticed that my house was filling with smoke! It was then that I remembered the chocolate. I ran to the kitchen to find the white chocolate was now a burnt brown chocolate. The bottom of the pan that had the water in it was bone dry and smoking!! The top pan with the chocolate was charred. I had to open doors and windows just to let out the smoke in my kitchen. I have not decided which was worse, ruining my pan or wasting a whole pound of chocolate!!!! I did go on and melt another pound of dark chocolate and make chocolate covered pretzels. Yes, I stayed in the room while the chocolate was melting!!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's been So Long

It has been so long since I updated on my blog. Sorry about that. I have had some serious sinus/ chest congestion for some time. I think it may be a tiny bit better. Anyway, I took a few pictures of my granddaughter last evening. She is growing so quickly. She will be six weeks on Sunday!! Sharing one here with you!