I had an unfortunate disaster in my kitchen today. I put a pound of lovely white chocolate on the stove to melt. The bad thing was I forgot all about it and began to do some other chores. I changed the bed clothes on one bed, tidy the room up and did a few other things. All of a sudden I smelled something burning and noticed that my house was filling with smoke! It was then that I remembered the chocolate. I ran to the kitchen to find the white chocolate was now a burnt brown chocolate. The bottom of the pan that had the water in it was bone dry and smoking!! The top pan with the chocolate was charred. I had to open doors and windows just to let out the smoke in my kitchen. I have not decided which was worse, ruining my pan or wasting a whole pound of chocolate!!!! I did go on and melt another pound of dark chocolate and make chocolate covered pretzels. Yes, I stayed in the room while the chocolate was melting!!