Sunday, September 27, 2009

Those that mean the most..........

I haven't really had anything special to write about in the last week. Guess I have been busy with chores that need to be done. As I was thinking of something special to write, I thought of what means the most to me! My family! I am so thankful for each one of them. So, I thought I would write about my family. My family consists of my husband, three children, their spouses, three grandchildren and one more expected in December! So, I will try to tell you in the next few days what make my family special to me! First I will start with my husband.

I met my husband when I was sixteen years old. He was eighteen. We met when I put my application in at a local fast food restaurant. He was already working there. I noticed him the very first day that I was there! I also know that he noticed me too! A year and a half later we were married and recently celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. Two years after we married my husband found a new job at a local utility company. He started at the bottom and has worked his way up to his current job as a technician. Some of his best qualities is his honesty and his work ethic. He has not missed a day of work in years. He is hard working and has always provided for his family. He is very quiet and pretty shy. He loves his kids and adores his grandchildren. He likes to hunt during deer and turkey season here in Ohio.

I thank God for my wonderful husband. Check back this week and I'll tell you more about my family!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Hi Mary Ann--
When we are lucky enough to find a mate that we like God has done a good job! Like you I am grateful for my husband AND I like having him around!

PS:I got my seeds in the mail yesterday. How
exciting. I'll be mentioning something about
them soom so watch for it. :)

Melinda

Flat Creek Farm said...

Mary Ann, I enjoyed hearing about your dear husband and how you met. It was definitely meant to be! Same here - happy to have my good man around. The same good man for 30+ years. I look forward to hearing more about your family :) Blessings to you and yours, Tammy

Flat Creek Farm said...

Mary Ann, it's me again :) Our e-mail is down today but I wanted to THANK YOU for the darling little package that arrived in the mail today. Yay! I shall have some real and prolific Sugar Pie Pumpkins next year! Thank you so very much, and I'll be sure to let you know how my pumpkin season goes for 2010. I think I've learned a lot this year, and seeds from an experienced pumpkin farmer will definitely help! Thanks again... they're being put in safekeeping until planting season. The packaging was just too cute! :) -Tammy

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Mary Ann, What a beautiful post. Thank you for your comments at my place!
I can't remember if I told you I am originally from Perrysburg, Ohio. Between Bowling Green and Toledo! I went to BGSU.
My husband is from Columbus! Small world :)
Blessings, Misha

Lois Christensen said...

What a beautiful story of how you and your husband met! I also met my husband when we were teenagers, roller skating of all things. But he is my best friend and I adore him.

Thanks for visiting!